Driving Resilience and Compliance in Dynamic Times
Fast-changing, far-reaching laws, regulations, and multinational initiatives are transforming the sanctions field almost weekly. Violation of and non-compliance with sanctions and export control laws can have huge repercussions, including large fines, disbarment, criminal charges and, of course, severe reputational harm.
The ACSS conference will provide you practical insights to help you manage your OFAC/sanctions program and mitigate risks that you and your organization face.
We Answer These Questions and Many More
- What are the essential elements of an effective sanctions compliance program?
- What public resources are available to help design and manage a sanctions/export controls compliance program effectively?
- What questions should you ask vendors to maximize the value from your investments in technology and tools?
- What are the latest sanctions updates for Russia, Iran and other sanctions hotspots?
Topics at a Glance
- Creating and managing a top-notch sanctions compliance department and team.
- Managing supply chain and third-party risk in a global setting.
- The key watch lists to check against and how to respond.
- Effective metrics-based risk assessments and audits.
- Minimizing false positives when conducting sanctions screening.
- Virtual Currency: Sanctions Screening and Blocking Best Practices
- Sanctions Evasion Whack-a-Mole: Securing Compliance in Complex Networks of Front companies and Blockchain.
- Handling the Shock of the New: How to Do an Impact Assessment of a New Sanctions Regime
- Unraveling Compliance Expectations under New OFAC Compliance Guidelines
- Lead Like a Legend: How To Master Your Influence as Chief Sanctions Officers – How to Inspire and Bring Across the Importance of Sanctions
- Going Global – Practical Considerations for Dealing with Conflict of Law
- Wolfsberg Sanctions Screening Guidelines
- Sanctions Training: Mechanics and Motivators for Screening Analysts to Board Members
- Compliance with OFAC Shipping Advisories: Ship-to-Ship Transfers, Vessel Documents and Disabled Automatic Identification Systems
- Sanctions Compliance in Trade Finance
- Cross Channel Sanctions exposure – Are you Connecting the Dots (Sanctions, AML Surveillance, High Risk PEP Program) to Ensure Compliance
- Further: Iran, Russia, Venezuela, and Cyber Sanctions
Pre-Conference Certified Sanctions Specialist (CSS) Exam Preparation Seminar
In this pre-conference seminar you will receive instruction from experts, so you can better prepare and pass the examination.You will learn about core content areas in the Exam such as:
•Regime Types, Goals, Prohibitions and Effects of Sanctions
•Sanctions Imposers and Targets
•Sanctions Evasion: Typologies and Schemes
•Sanctions Risk Assessments
•Essential Pillars of a Sanctions Risk Management Program
•Role of Technology and List Screening
•Other Operational Processes: Licenses, Blocking/Freezing and Reporting
•Government Investigations and Enforcement
11 REASONS TO ATTEND
1 LEARN NEW TRENDS, STRATEGIES, TACTICS
Vital knowledge to manage sanctions risks effectively and do your job better in fast-evolving field.
2 EXPERT ADVICE
Save on consultant and lawyer fees. Just think, the conference costs less than one consultant or attorney charges in one or two hours! Our conference brings you more than 20 experts over two days, including at networking events! It’s the best deal you’ll have in 2019.
3 ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
Our conference offers you unique career building opportunities in the sanctions field that you won’t find anywhere else. Terrific networking over two days: 1 reception, 2 luncheons, 2 breakfasts, 3 refreshment breaks. (Don’t leave your business cards home!)
4 ANSWERS TO YOUR TOUGH QUESTIONS
Our popular roundtables let you ask your unique questions to experts in a face-to-face dynamic.
5 NETWORK, CONNECT FOR THE LONG TERM
Meet people from many places who help you solve your sanctions challenges. One new contact can pay you dividends for many years (and pay for the cost of admission many times over).
6 GET INSPIRED
Highly skilled and experienced experts show you how they do things and can share ideas with you for years.
7 LOOK, SAMPLE AND COMPARE
Our Exhibition Area lets you meet top-of-the-line software and professional services providers who can help you meet your needs.
8 PRICELESS KNOWLEDGE
The new skills, best practices and vital knowledge you gain will impress your peers, superiors, auditors and regulators – and advance your career.
9 REDUCE RISKS
Stay clear of sanctions minefields, stay out of trouble and meet your legal duties.
10 VALUE FOR YOUR INVESTMENT
The best news about our conference is the affordable registration fee. ACSS members get all these benefits for only $995; Non-members $1,195 . (It’s the best sanctions compliance and enforcement investment you’ll make this year!
Did we mention the location? Midtown Manhattan!
Pricing and Register
Early Bird Rates available until July 31, 2019
Regular Price is $1,595
- A $500 discount
ACSS Member Price
- A $400 discount
non ACSS Member Price
- A $250 discount
TESTIMONIALS FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCES
“Impressive speaker panel & wealth of knowledge.”
– Michelle Gallagher, PCCW Global
“Many real life, practical insights into the challenges surrounding sanctions.”
– Marlon Orantes, Itau Unibanco S.A.
“Overall great conference; really enjoyed the private sessions.”
– Patrick Cave, Guggenheim Partners
“Great speakers, great energy & very informative.”
– James Slattery, International Compliance Training